As professionals, we understand the role we play and the responsibility we must own in elevating our community’s expectations about the food they eat.
As leaders we want our community to understand the value of tracing our foods. While our job remains to evaluate how a particular farm, ranch or fishery impacts our environment, community and economy. We vow to examine how food distribution not only contributes to a significant portion of the world’s greenhouse gasses but also how our choices can improve that process.
OUR BEST PRACTICES are key to the future of our industry as we operate a successful business.
- Engage all staff and learn about Sustainability
- Secure and source local foods,
- Work in an environmentally conscious manner,
- Tackle food access and waste management,
- Shelf-life extending products like using hazel technologies when packaging for Toscana resourceful.
- Eliminate all single used plastic by 2021
- Purchase Sustainable caught Seafood
- Buy seasonal. Eating in season allows us to indulge in the best-tasting food while limiting the ecological impact of transporting food across the country.
- Operational Save Energy. The impact on the environment by saving energy is to reduce your carbon footprint
- Reduce environmental impact: Local purchases require less transportation. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
- Invest in community: Partner with businesses that are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s future.
- Buy and use only environmentally friendly products–such as recycled paper products, nontoxic cleaners – as a major part of creating a green business model.